The Top 3 Gatlinburg Mini Golf Courses for Your Next Vacation
Mini golf is one of the best family vacation activities! When you come to Gatlinburg for your getaway, you will find a variety of excellent putt putt courses for 18 holes of fun. To help you make the most of your next retreat in the Smoky Mountains, Alpine Chalet Rentals has put together a guide to the top three Gatlinburg mini golf courses.
1. Gatlin’s Smoky Mountain Fun
Gatlin’s Smoky Mountain Fun has three awesome mini golf courses for visitors to choose from! Here is a quick look at each course:
- The Old Town Square Course features 18 holes that run through restored historic cabins. As you play each hole, you will learn fascinating bits of Gatlinburg trivia and history. Be prepared to make a few trick shots!
- The Old Mountain Trail Course is themed around the Great Smoky Mountains and makes great use of native trees and natural landscaping. This 18 hole course is more challenging than The Old Town Square Course, and includes trivia about the Cherokee, European settlers, and the establishment of the national park.
- The Blacklight Golf Course is perfect for a rainy day! This 18 hole course is completely indoors and features fun blacklight undersea decorations, with mermaids, pirate ships, and lots of tropical fish.
2. Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini Golf
Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini Golf is another one of the most popular putt putt destinations in the Smokies. Guests at Ripley’s will find two 18 hole Gatlinburg mini golf courses to enjoy. Highlights of the courses include kid friendly cartoon animal characters, fun sound effects, and just the right level of difficulty. Remember, getting a hole-in-one on the 18th hole wins you a free game – so be sure to focus when you reach the end of the course!
3. Hillbilly Golf
Hillbilly Golf is one of the most unique mini golf attractions in the country! The two courses that comprise Hillbilly Golf are located at the top of a mountain, so guests take an incline rail up 300 feet to begin the fun. Once you reach the top of the mountain, you choose which of the two 18 hole courses you want to play.
As you probably guessed by the name, Hillbilly Golf is themed around old fashioned Appalachian culture. The courses are filled with tractors, outhouses, moonshine stills, and other hillbilly icons. The attraction’s mountainside location makes for a very unique playing experience. Being on a slope can make it a little hard to keep track of your ball, but that is just part of Hillbilly Golf’s unorthodox charm!
Please note that Hillbilly Golf has been closed for renovations this winter, but they are expected to reopen on March 1, 2017.
When you stay with Alpine Chalet Rentals, you will be near all of these wonderful Gatlinburg mini golf courses. Our cabins come with the everything you need for an unforgettable vacation, including gorgeous mountain views, relaxing hot tubs, fully furnished kitchens, fun game rooms, and a host of other luxurious amenities. With everything from 1 bedroom cabins to 16 bedroom lodges, we are guaranteed to have the perfect home away from home for your next getaway. To start planning your trip, browse our selection of Gatlinburg cabin rentals!